Hi! I'm Aneesh Pappu.
I'm from Pullman, Washington, and I'm a senior at Stanford studying AI.
I'm heading to the UK next year as a Marshall Scholar, where I'll be pursuing graduate study in policy and machine learning.
My research interests are two-fold: within AI, I'm primarily interested in problems within NLP and NLG; within policy, I'm interested in issues of AI ethics in the nearterm, particularly concerning digital rights, privacy, misinformation/disinformation, and the ethical use of AI algorithms.
While at Stanford I spent my time on a few different things, including:
- Working in the Stanford AI Lab with Stanford Professor Chris Manning as part of the NLP Group, where I worked on neural NLG methods for coherent text generation
- Helping build sisu.ai, where I helped engineer systems for accessible AI with Stanford Professor Peter Bailis
- Working on the Tinder AI team, where I worked on generative modeling for visual learning and recognition with Chief Scientist Steve Liu
- Engineering at Slack Technologies as a KPCB fellow, where I worked on backend calling systems and webRTC tools
- Investing at 8vc, where I worked closely with founding partner Alex Kolicich
- Researching with the Pande Lab, where I worked on methods for molecular machine learning
You can find me on Linkedin and Twitter, or email me at (first initial)(last name)(at cs dot stanford dot edu)